Healthy mouths are important – even for babies and young children
- Children need healthy teeth to help them chew and to speak clearly.
- Baby teeth hold space for adult teeth.
- Poor oral health can cause your child to have problems eating, speaking, learning and socializing.
Keep your child’s mouth healthy
- Cavities can cause your child pain and serious health problems – the good news is you can prevent cavities.
- How to care for your child’s mouth.
Dental health coverage
- Maryland’s Healthy Smiles Dental Program (Maryland’s Medicaid Dental Program) covers dental costs during pregnancy and for children from birth to 20 years old.
- More information on dental health coverage.
Watch our TV Ad
Download our brochure
Download our Spanish brochure
WLZL-FM radio interview with Lenys Alcoreza, UnitedHealthcare and Dr. Clemencia Vargas, University of Maryland, School of Dentistry.